Keyword research is a vital part of any online business – whether you are trying to sell domains, become an affiliate partner, or create a brand. It’s the main method of generating free, organic traffic into your site. In order to obtain the best keywords, you have to do you research and ask yourself several questions. What words rank better than others? How can I find more keywords?
There are several online tools that can help you answer these questions. But, to find useful keywords it is important to use the best keyword research tool. Not all research tools provide the most insightful information on how to boost your website’s traffic. While I have used several research tools – from free to paid – the one that has worked best for me is Jaaxy.
Jaaxy is a research tool that provides a lot more than just simple keyword research. Here are the features that have helped me generate more traffic to my site and which version might work best for your budget and needs.
30 Free Searches: You can get 30 free searches once you create a Jaaxy account using your email.
Wealthy Affiliate Members: $19/month
Jaaxy Pro: $49/month
Jaaxy breaks down each of your searches into 6 different sections. Each section gives you information on anything from how many competitors you have to the quality of your keyword. What’s nice about this feature is that you get a little blurb describing each category and how it pertains to keyword rankings. They are broken down into the following:
Avg: the average number of searches that these keywords receive per month.
- Traffic: the expected traffic to your website if it were to be ranked on the first page of Google.
- QSR: relates to your competition. This number indicates the number of websites ranked on Google that are using this particular keyword.
- KQI: indicates the quality of the keyword. Red is poor, yellow is normal, and green is great.
- SEO: a rating that shows the overall quality of your keyword. The higher the number, the more valuable the keyword.
- Domains: This section shows what domains are available for that particular keyword (this is a great tool for those looking to buy and sell domains!)
Once you have completed a search, a box appears to right of your screen with related words and phrases. This comes in handy when you want to find other keywords that are related to your niche and need brainstorming ideas.
If you like a keyword or want to categorize your searches into different lists, Jaaxy gives you the option of doing so. Once you save a list, you can export it in a .csv or .txt format and rename it.
Similar to saved lists, you will always have the option of looking at your search history for future reference.
Alphabet Soup is another way of brainstorming similar or long-tail keywords that are in line with the ones you were searching for. It adds words or phrases starting with the first alphabet of the letter and ending in z. Here’s an example:
If you search the phrase “buy houses”, Jaaxy will provide a list like the following:
“Buy houses” + (a word with a)
“Buy houses”+ (a word with b)
“Buy houses” + (a word with c)
The placement of the added words also changes to the beginning or the end of your initial keyword. When these new keywords come up, you can do a seperate search for each of them as well. This is a great way to find new keywords, domains, and also find new topics to write about for your blog.
This feature lets you check how your site is ranking on Google’s first page. I like this option because whenever I make changes to my site, it helps me understand what is working and what is not.
Search analysis is one of my favorite features on Jaaxy. This tool helps you look at the site’s that are ranking for the particular keywords you search. It also shows you what your competition is doing to rank for those keywords, such as how long their posts are or if they are using videos. With this information, you can write a longer article or provide other media forms that will help you rank ahead of them.
Another great aspect about search analysis is that you can see what keywords are not being ranked. This means no competition and allows you to use this information to find topics or words that will help you rank your site even higher.
You can search affiliate programs that are tied to your keywords.
- The affiliate programs search is limited. While this is a handy option, there’s a limited number of affiliate programs that are tied to it and you should also do research on private affiliate programs outside of Jaaxy.
- Compared to other keyword research tools, it’s a little pricier (unless you are a Wealthy Affiliate member). But with the price comes features that other research tools do not offer and traffic growth that will eventually cover those costs.
- There is still not an option for local searches and the only language it can currently be used in is English.
How it benefited my site:
I personally recommend using Jaaxy if you have some knowledge about keyword research and are ready to get the best of it. I have seen my traffic grow over 5 times since I started using it and it has helped me learn more about trends and what to avoid. When I first started using it it was a little pricey, but eventually the benefits that it provided helped me earn way more than I was spending.
If you are serious about growing your traffic and getting the most out of the program, than you should sign up for Jaaxy and give it a try. You can sign up here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them below. Thank you for reading and best of luck on your site!